Apprentice Customer Service/Lifeguard at Wigton Baths
Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Wigton Baths are looking for
enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work alongside their professional, friendly team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the best swimming schools in Allerdale, becoming qualified and working at the same time!
Part of your job role will include:
Administration tasks in an office and a swim teaching environment including telephone calls, taking course bookings, and answering enquiries, photocopying and dealing with face to face enquiries with parents and children. In addition to the office role, practical experience will also be available on poolside, assisting in swimming lessons and lifeguarding and training as a Lifeguard and as a Swimming Teacher.
Your duties will include:
- Greet and serve customers with the highest level of customer service
- Deal efficiently with phone and email enquiries
- Train and use various computer software systems
- Advise customers and handle a wide range of enquiries.
- Handle money and train on how to take card payments.
- Handle membership sales including printing and laminating membership cards.
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver swimming lessons.
- To assist in teaching swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme.
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme.
- You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the Pool Manager /Aquatics Manager.
- Undertake other duties as directed.
You will be given an Individual learning plan for the following qualifications
RLSS National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification (NPLQ)
ASA Level 1 Swim Teaching Award
Desired skills – Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry.
Personal qualities – Ability to work well within a team.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills -verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Stress tolerance
No previous qualifications required but to be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
In order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water.
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds.
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds.
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits.
Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time position
Interested in this apprenticeship? Please contact Elizabeth below
Closing date Friday 7th April 2017